Back to Main

Why Pilates has become my passion...

Tuesday 10 March 2015

My love for Pilates started 2 years ago. The changes I have experienced in my mind and body is incredible, to say the least. I have gained more confidence, and I stand proud in everything I take on.
Every session aligns my mind and body - they work together. My mind reminds my body to engage my core, sit up straight and push those shoulders back and down.
I have been sitting behind a desk in every job I have had since 2006, so imagine how amazing my posture is! Not. Pilates has shown me the power of the mind and body, and what can be achieved when they work together. It has taught me to become more aware of how I use my body. Your body language can make you, or it can break you.
There is a significant difference in the effects walking into a room with slumped shoulders, or proud, stern shoulders has on your confidence. As much as your mind tells you to be more confident, you only are if your body follows, and if you believe it. Your body language is your personal business card - it is the first thing someone sees when they meet you. Next, your hand shake and your introduction. But it all starts with your body language.

Whether a person has confidence or not it can be seen from miles away. I believe confidence sits in the upper body: your shoulders, your core, and your head held high.


Here are some benefits:

1. Body Awareness
2. Excellent for rehabilitation and injury management
3. A stronger core
4. Body Control
5. Increased flexibility and strength

Pilates benefits everyone: moms, moms-to-be, golfers, busy business men, and even kids!
So sign up for Pilates today to experience the benefits that I have experienced. Remember to always consult your physician or health care professional, especially if you suffer from back pain or have any injuries.

Much love
Me
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment